With the big day only a matter of hours away, this is the time where every host begins to panic. Who’s going to sit where, how many can we fit round the table, where are those place mats we loved from last year?
And with so much to do before the feast begins, there seems to be no time to do anything beyond cooking, eating and unwrapping! So I thought I’d come up with something easy, simple and totally time-saving to do with our favourite festive napkins…A Christmas Tree!
Fold it in less than a minute, and spoil it with gravy, stuffing and spilled mulled wine in even less than that, they’ll still look super Christmassey and professional on your dining table tomorrow!
So here are my easy steps to whipping up those fir tree folds just in time for Christmas Day!
- Fold your napkin into a square, and turn until it sits in a diamond in front of you.
- Starting from the corner at the bottom, fold one layer upwards into a triangle, leaving a little gap at the top of your napkin.
- Repeat this fold again until all the layers are pointing up.
- Turn the napkin over so the folded layers are underneath.
- Fold one corner across to the other side.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Turn the napkin back over and make sure all the point on the reverse are directly in the middle.
- Fold the points of each layer inside to create a straight line.
- Once your Christmas Tree shape is perfected, use the back pieces of fabric to create a stand for your napkin and decorate!
- Set up around your Christmas table and enjoy!